We are certified under the National Electricity Scheme Lloyds register to be an Independent Connections Provider (ICP)
As an ICP we deliver grid connections to the agreed standards and quality required for them to be adopted by either a Distribution Network Operator (DNO) or an Independent Distribution Network Operator (IDNO). From project conception to the date of energisation, ESE’s in-house ICP team design, manage and deliver the connection.
The benefit of using ESE as an ICP is that we design, build and deliver the connection faster than the DNO. We are more cost-effective with greater flexibility. Combining the contestable element of the connection works with the private network requirements offers a full turnkey solution to meet your electrical requirements.
Our capabilities include:
- Liaising with the relevant DNO/IDNO to apply for a point of connection
- Bespoke ICP project design to ensure the connection complies with the asset owner
- Cable Installation, jointing, and terminations
- Substation construction and equipment install
- All associated civil works, including excavation, duct installation, trench reinstatement, and substation plinth construction
- On-site testing / commissioning for the asset owner to witness